- Dial’s Diameter 116mm & Height of Penetrometer 590 mm
- About 150 gm. of air dried soil from thoroughly mixed portion of material passing 425 micron IS sieve is obtained.
- Distilled water is mixed to the soil thus obtained in a mixing disc to form a uniform paste.
- Then the wet soil paste is transferred to the cylindrical cup of cone penetrometer apparatus, ensuring that no air is trapped in this process.
- Finally the wet soil is leveled up to the top of the cup and placed on the base of the cone penetrometer apparatus.
- The penetrometer is so adjusted that the cone point just touches the surface of the soil paste in the cup and the initial ready is to be taken.
- The vertical clamp is then released allowing the cone to penetrate into soil paste under its own weight for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds the penetration of the cone is noted to the nearest millimeter.
- The test is repeated at least to have four sets of values of penetration in the range of 14 to 28 mm.
- The exact moisture content of each trial is determined.
- Water bath
- Transfer dish
- Time device
- Spare Penetration Needle (Pack of two)
- Spare Penetration solid cone
- Spare Penetration brass hollow cone
- Grease worker hand operated
- Grease worker hand operated big handle (Lever type)
- Grease cutter
** Note:-The content of the product and specification are subject to change without prior notice for continuous improvement. Images shown are for representation purpose only. “MICROTEKNIK” keeps the right to modify the content in the product without prior notice.